|About Us||Programs||Facilities||Employment||Directions||Contact Us|
Unpaid 14 Week - Semester Long Internships
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience with youth and/or outdoor programming.
- Ability to assist with planning and implementation of a wide variety of outdoor activities appropriate to diverse populations.
- Ability to relate to and supervise people of any age.
- Ability to relate well with community members from a wide variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to abide by policies and procedures of all programs.
- Ability to manage difficult and/or inappropriate behavior among program participants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Challenge Course, and Environmental Education experience a plus
- Certifications in First Aid, & CPR, (or ability to acquire).
- Must be able to physically perform the essential functions of the position and, given the nature of the position, maintain good physical conditioning.
Responsible To: Program Director
Assist in the design, marketing, coordination, and leading of all camp programs
- Completion of one individualized project decided upon by camp need and intern interest
- Challenge Course Facilitation
- Assist with program delivery and coordination for:
- School Programs - Summer Camp - Program & Facility Rentals
- Insure programs are delivered in a safe and meaningful way.
- Document appropriate records for all programs provided.
- Assist with camp maintenance when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop with the intern mutually satisfactory and feasible goals and objectives.
- Guide the intern through their program.
- Monitor the intern’s progression in the program and to assure the continued relevancy for the program.
- To complete the necessary paperwork required by the sponsoring academic institution.
Cognitive and communication abilities to work within the camp team and with program group participants of all ages. Physical ability to be present and handle the environmental conditions of camp.
Hours and Compensation:
- Hours: 20 hr(min) per wk/Some weekend and evening hrs/Workload varies season
- Pay Rate: Unpaid but there are many facilitation opportunities that pay
- Benefits: Use of camp equipment and resources, flexible work schedule
Please send resume & cover letter to:
Scott Wootton, Program Director
Columbus Youth Camp
12454 W. Youth Camp Rd.
Columbus, IN 47201
(812) 348-4558 ext. 402